Industry Leading Performance, Power-Efficiency, and High Availability
Highly dynamic cloud and enterprise data center networks continue to expand bringing with them ever increasing bandwidth demands, accelerating the need for dense 25 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet switching in both leaf and spine tiers of networks. The Arista 7050X3 are members of Arista 7050X series and key components of the Arista portfolio of data center switches. The Arista 7050X Series are purpose built data center switches in compact and energy efficient form factors with wire speed layer 2 and layer 3 features combined with low latency and advanced EOS features for software defined cloud networking.
Combined with Arista EOS, the 7050X3 can be deployed in a wide range of open networking solutions including large scale layer 2 and layer 3 cloud designs, overlay networks, virtualized or traditional enterprise data center networks.
The 7050X3 supports a flexible combination of speeds including 10G, 25G, 40G and 100G in compact form factors that allows customers to design networks to accommodate the myriad different applications and east-west traffic patterns found in modern data centers whilst providing investment protection.
|Description||Arista 7050X3 Series fixed configuration leaf and spine switches|
|Switching Throughput||6.4 Terabits/sec|
|Maximum?Forwarding Rate||2 Bpps|
|40/100G Interfaces||Up to 32|
|10/25G Interfaces||Up to 128|
|100G Typical Power||7W per port|
|Hot Swap Power and Fans||Yes|
The 7050X3 support a rich set of EOS features that are already supported on other Arista X-Series systems. Operational and feature consistency lowers the qualification time and enhancements include Single Pass VXLAN Routing for network segmentation, Dynamic Load Balancing (DLB) for optimized path selection and the addition of Network Address Translation (NAT).
High Performance 10/25/40/100GbE leaf-spine
- High density wirespeed 10G, 25G and 100G
- Up to 6.4Tbps of system capacity
- High density 25G IEEE compliant
- Latency from 800nsec port to port
- Dual mode 10/25G support for seamless migration to the next generation of Ethernet
Optimized for DC Designs
- Unified forwarding tables for configurable table scalability
- Fully shared 32MB packet buffer optimized for lossless networks
- Consistent cabling for 10G to 25G and 40G to 100G migrations
- Up to 128 Way Multi-Pathing over L2 and L3
- Power efficient for lower total cost of ownership
- Redundant and hot swap power and cooling
Advanced Traffic Control, Provisioning and Monitoring *
- CloudVision for Workflow Automation and Orchestration
- LANZ for Microburst Detection
- VXLAN and EOS Network Tracers
- Open Extensibility and Programmability
- Software Driven Cloud Networking
- Dynamic Load Balancing
- Network Address Translation
- Redundant and hot swap power and cooling
- Reversible airflow options for hot and cold aisle
- Smart System Upgrade with Hitless Software Upgrade *
- Self-healing stateful fault repair (SFR)
- Resilient ECMP and LAG Hashing
- MLAG ISSU
- Hitless Speed Changes
The 7050X3 Series enables highly scalable two-tier network designs with ECMP, MLAG and VXLAN technologies.
MLAG Spine - All Active Multipath for Layer 2
- Standards based protocol (LACP)
- Simplified or eliminates Spanning Tree topology
- Simple to understand and easy to engineer traffic
128 Way - All Active Multipath for Layer 3
- 128 Way Equal and Unequal Cost Multi-Pathing (UCMP) for flexible traffic balancing
- Standards based protocol (OSPF, BGP)
- Eliminates L2 for exceptional scalability and fault tolerance
- Exceptional scale with consistently low latency and high performance in 2 tiers
VXLAN Layer 2 over Layer 3 - Best of Both Worlds
- All active multipath using ECMP (up to 128-way)
- Single L3 network for all applications
- L2 extensions for stateful VM - VM over Layer 3
- Extends L2 with exceptional scalabilty (16M Virtual NWs)
- Cloudburst over public infrastructure
10/25/100G Leaf and Spine solutions for cloud scale open networking
The Arista 7050X3 series are non-blocking 10/25G and 100G data center switches in compact and energy efficient form factors with wirespeed layer 2 and layer 3 features. They combine scalable L2 and L3 resources with a flexible switch architecture that supports multiple overlay technologies and advanced encapsulations.
The 7050X3 offer 10G and 25G using the familiar RJ45 and SFP connections and 100G with widely deployed QSFP interfaces for flexible port speed choices providing unparalleled flexibility and the ability to seamlessly transition data centers to the next generation of Ethernet performance. The 7050X3 Series provide industry leading power efficiency with data center optimized airflow. Combined with Arista EOS the 7050X3 Series delivers advanced features ideally suited for large Enterprises, big data and machine learning environments, traditional and virtualized data centers and Service Provider edge networking roles.
At the core of the 7050X3 series is a 6.4Tbps packet processor that provides high performance and large scale scale IP routing tables, and a full shared 32MB intelligent buffer.
The following table compares the different 7050X3 Series models. For a complete catalog of Arista 7000 Series switch specifications click here.
Arista 7050X3 Series Model Comparison
|Ports||32 x 100G QSFP
2 x 10G SFP
|32 x 100G QSFP
2 x 10G SFP
|96 x 25G SFP
8 x 100G QSFP
|48 x 25G SFP
12 x 100G QSFP
|48 x 25G SFP
8?x 100G QSFP
|48 x 10G SFP
8?x 100G QSFP
|48 x 10G RJ45
8 x 100G QSFP?
|Maximum 100GbE Ports||32||32||8||12||8||8||8?|
|Maximum 50GbE Ports||64||64?||16||24||16?||16?||16?|
|Maximum 40GbE Ports||32||32?||8||12||8?||8?||8?|
|Maximum 25GbE Ports||128||128?||128||96||64||16||16|
|Maximum 10GbE Ports||129||129?||129||96||64||64?||64|
|Maximum 1GbE Ports||2||2?||129||48||48||48||48|
|L2/L3 Throughput||6.4 Tbps||6.4 Tbps?||6.4 Tbps?||4.8 Tbps||4.0 Tbps?||2.56 Tbps??||2.56 Tbps?|
|L2/L3 PPS||2 Bpps||2 Bpps?||2 Bpps?||2 Bpps||1 Bpps?||1 Bpps??||1 Bpps?|
|Typical Power Draw||192W||398W?||218W||179W||124W?||124W?||212W?|
|AC and DC||Yes||Yes?||Yes||Yes||Yes?||Yes?||Yes?|
|Total System Buffer||32MB||32MB?||32MB||32MB||32MB?||32MB?||32MB?|
|Smart System Upgrade *||Yes||Yes?||Yes||Yes||Yes?||Yes?||Yes?|
|Hitless Speed Changes||Yes?||Yes?||Yes||Yes?||Yes?||Yes?||Yes?|
|Airflow||F/R or R/F||F/R or R/F?||F/R or R/F?||F/R only?||F/R or R/F||F/R or R/F?||F/R or R/F?|
* Not yet supported in EOS
|MAC Table Size||
|Maximum v4/v6 Host Routes||168K / 104K|
|Maximum?IPv4 Route Prefixes||360K|
|Maximum?IPv6 Route Prefixes||192K|
|Maximum LAG?Groups||128 (In breakout mode)|
|Maximum ECMP Fanout||128-way?|
|Ingress / Egress?ACLs||2K / 2K|
* All resource values are maximum hardware capacity?
Implementing cost effective and high performance bulk data encryption at scale is a major challenge for today’s cloud datacenters. The Arista 7050X3M MACSec systems are flexible, high performance, power efficient 1RU switches with built-in wire speed encryption, designed to meet the needs of the largest scale datacenters.
The 7050X3 MACSec systems utilize proven, standards based encryption technology (IEEE 802.1AE MACsec) to provide secure communication for links between tiers in leaf and spine datacenter designs, datacenter interconnects (DCI), overlay networks and virtualized or traditional enterprise networks connecting to existing and next generation systems with a choice of interface speeds.
- Provides high performance L2 and L3 features with wire speed MACsec encryption in a compact, 1RU form factor.
- Eliminates the need for external encryption devices.
- Flexible configuration of MACsec on any interfaces
- Range of interface speeds from 10G to 100G allowing up to 128 ports in a single system.
- Secure communication for a wide range of applications from large scale leaf and spine networks to datacenter interconnect.
- Up to 6.4Tbps of wire speed L2 and L3 IP forwarding
- IEEE 802.1AE MACsec encryption on all QSFP ports
- 128-way ECMP and 64-way MLAG to provide scalable designs and balance traffic evenly across large scale 2 tier leaf-spine designs
- Pluggable 100G and 40G QSFP optics for pay as you grow expansion
- High Availability with hot swap power supplies and fans
- Choice of AC or DC and forward or reverse airflow
- .7050X3 Series Quick Look
- .7050X3 Series Data Sheet
- .7050X3 MACsec Series Data Sheet
- .7050X3 Q&A
- .7050X3 Architecture White Paper
- .Arista Products Reference Guide
- .100G Q&A
- .25G Q&A
- .25G Ethernet White Paper
- .Universal Cloud Network
- .Scaling Data Center Networks
- .Fixed Config Switches Visio Stencils